Welcome

52 WEEKS OF PHOTOS, AND THE STORIES BEHIND THEM.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Planning" - Els Swim 9A

My kids are still young, so I'm not yet at the point where I need to put together a color-coded command post in my kitchen to keep track of all of our various appointments and activities. (Actually, I'm honestly looking forward to that day, since there's nothing I like better than a color-coded organizational chart. Really.)

Still, a family of five does generate enough obligations to require some method of organization and planning. We may not have things like Girl Scouts and Little League to coordinate yet, but we do have to keep track of a myriad of doctor's appointments, birthday parties, and social gatherings.

At Christmas I made up some calendars for my parents and in-laws with pictures of the kids from the last year. I kept one for myself and that's what I use at the moment to keep myself from forgetting things I have to do.


As you can see, Els has swim lessons every Saturday at 9AM.

A note on my photos and this project. I've noticed that I've been writing less and less about the process of taking these photos, especially when it comes to fiddling with the image on the computer. I actually haven't been doing as much to the photos as I did before. I think that's a good thing. I think that I'm putting more thought into taking better photos and then I don't need to do as much to "fix" them later on.

This photo, for example, is pretty much SOOC. All I did was lighten it up a bit. I'm happy with the angle and the depth of field. I wanted the story to be about things on the calendar, but not about the specific things written on MY calendar. I could have cropped out the top of the calendar and the stuff on my desk (telephone, Rolodex, pens, etc.), but I think they are part of the story. I do use all of those things to plan, after all.

For now, our calendar is working. In a year or two, I'll invest in the color-coded calendar of my dreams. I've picked it out already, and it's glorious.

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed our calendar filling up too, even though we've only got one in school. I suppose it will only get worse though, right.

    ReplyDelete