Welcome

52 WEEKS OF PHOTOS, AND THE STORIES BEHIND THEM.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Fools" - Me

I've had a really difficult time finding my creative Mo-Jo this week. The topic is "Fools", certainly in honor of April Fool's Day. I've always disliked this particular holiday. I never liked the idea of having a day especially set aside for making a person feel stupid.

Anyway, I know there are many other directions I could have gone with the subject, but nothing was coming to my mind. I'd hit an inspirational wall of sorts.

I was feeling sorry for myself about it today while sitting in my office, but then I was distracted by my feet, which were screaming in pain, and that was when my inspiration hit.

I am the Fool, and the Fool is Me!

For only a Fool would look at her abundant collection of shoes in the morning and decide that these were the best choice for work that day.


I bought these shoes recently in order to complete a fabulous outfit for a night out with my girlfriends, and the only way I could justify the expense to myself was to promise that I'd wear them for more than that one outing.

After an hour or so on the dance floor I was begging someone to find me some slippers, but a promise is a promise, and I took the shoes out again this morning.


They are no more comfortable than they were on the dance floor, but I still can't be anything but happy that they are mine.

I didn't particularly need the extra three inches that these heels give me, but I do like it.


Sexy.

Yup, these booties are not intended for the office. At least, not this office. We're more of a "tasteful one-inch pump" kind of workplace.


It's certainly not a place where you would expect to find gold leopard lining, even if it is hidden under my feet.

Tomorrow I will go back to flats and loafers, and my feet will surely thank me.

But for today, I am the Fool.

1 comment: