Welcome

52 WEEKS OF PHOTOS, AND THE STORIES BEHIND THEM.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Cold" - West Hartford Reservoir

Isn't learning fun?

Yesterday I learned that if you take on a photography project (or any other project that might require you to run outside on the spur of the moment) it is important to make sure you have the proper attire.

I got out of work a little early, so I decided to take the opportunity to go and find some "cold" to photograph. My first thought was to go to the Reservoir in West Hartford and see if the water was frozen. It was, and the little house that sits on it was attractively lit with the last bit of afternoon sun. The problem was that the access road was so far away that I couldn't get close enough to appreciate it.


Hellooooooooo over there!

So that's when I decided to try and get a better view, so I trekked through the ice-covered woods to try and reach that little peninsula on the left.

In my work-appropriate black pumps with the two-inch heels.

I made it roughly seven yards before giving up, vowing to try again with more appropriate footwear. And gloves. And perhaps a hat.

A thermos of cocoa might be nice too.

Okay, so maybe I'm not a truly dedicated photographer just yet, but I bet Ansel Adams never had to do this in heels.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I realized I can't operate my camera with gloves on. Not good.

    ReplyDelete