Welcome

52 WEEKS OF PHOTOS, AND THE STORIES BEHIND THEM.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tobacco Barns

I'm so far behind on this project that I've all but given up on it. I see the assignments go by on my calendar, and I have plenty of ideas for things I'd like to photograph for them, but my ideas are becoming more ambitious, and I can't find the time necessary to set up and capture them the way I'd want to.

Instead, I'm trying to take pictures when I can and pay more attention to framing and lighting as I go. I figure that if I concentrate on taking better pictures with the time and equipment I have, I'll be more likely to know how to take advantage of a better camera once I make the decision to upgrade.

Not long ago I went back to the tobacco fields to take the photos for the "Looking In" assignment. The seedlings were in the ground and it was a bright and perfect day.

I took this picture of some of the sheds. I really, really like it. The grass is the green you only see in springtime, and the sky couldn't have been more lovely.

I did fiddle with the contrast a bit, but for the most part, the photo is SOOC.

I had a coupon and had the photo printed on canvas, and it looks nice sitting here in the office. I plan to go back to the tobacco fields periodically during the growing season and I'll have the best shots printed up and scattered throughout the office.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're doing a great job, you've got 3 kids keeping you busy so whatever you find time to do is alright with me!

    ReplyDelete